DID YOU KNOW THESE FACTS ABOUT MAKING JEANS?
And unfortunately, the story doesn't end here yet...
THE JOURNEY OF JEANS FROM COTTON TO PRE-JEANS INCLUDES STEPS THAT ARE DETRIMENTAL TO THE ENVIRONMENT AND PEOPLE
DID YOU KNOW THAT MAKING NEW JEANS ALONE CONSUMES OVER 10,000 LITERS OF PURE DRINKING WATER?
"It doesn't matter what you do from time to time, it's what you do every day"
- Jenny Graig - "More ecological and
CHECKLIST - PREFER MORE ECOLOGICAL CLOTHING CHOICES AND JEANS:
- Check the materials: prefer recyclable, durable, ethical and responsibly produced denim products. You save clear money by investing in the quality, repairability and care of the garment.
- Buy products produced nearby. In this case, the carbon footprint of the products decreases.
- Know who made your clothes. Ethics are a big part of the responsible clothing industry.
- In a low-cost situation, there is talk of an "irresponsible clothing industry"
- "Cheap clothing is easy to buy but just as easy to throw away. In addition, the care of clothes is easy to neglect" - All work that has threatened human health
and the care of a cotton field and the water it needs is quickly wasted. At the same time, more waste accumulates, the environment pollutes, heats up and the greenhouse accelerates.